Join our amazing team. Travers, founded in 1924, prides itself on delivering great customer experience and supporting the American Dream through our manufacturing customers with the Right Tool, On-Time, Every Time. We look for Hungry, Humble and Smart associates that want to make a difference.
As our Sr Accountant you’ll help to foster these core values and support the company’s growth by driving best practices in financial procedures, record keeping, and reporting in compliance with GAAP.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY INCLUDE:
- Month end and annual financial close
- Reconcile accounts monthly to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance
- Reconcile sub-ledgers to the general ledger.
- Assist in the preparation of journal entries for monthly closings.
- Reconciliation of bank statements
- Reconciliation of credit card statements
- Assist payables staff in coding invoices
- Preparation of Sales Tax returns and transition to Avalara
- Master Avalara software to drive accuracy in our sales tax reporting
- Reconcile intercompany accounts between parent, subsidiaries, and affiliates.
- Master our financial system SX.e by Infor
- Assist in the definition and documentation of process and procedures.
- Develop a strong set of working papers to support our month end closes.
- Work with our external auditors to prepare supporting documentation
- Recommend ways to reduce costs and enhance revenue.
- Train and mentor accounting staff
- Prepare ad hoc analysis and reporting
- Living our Core Values including being naturally HUNGRY, HUMBLE and SMART.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance with 3-5 years in a similar role
- Strong understanding of GAAP
- Demonstrates strong organizational and time management skills. Highly organized.
- Demonstrates familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite, O365 and TEAMS or related collaboration platform
- Strong Excel with the ability to collect and assess data in support of projects
- Experience in working with ERP's
- Possesses excellent written, phone, face to face and team setting communication skills.
- Knows and lives the value of being a good listener.
- Exhibits a professional, confident, and outgoing demeanor and strong influence skills.
- Demonstrates an ability to learn quickly; enjoys learning and applying best practices
MEASURES OF SUCCESS:
Month end closings within 10 days of month end
Develop working papers to support all entries in the General Ledger