Customer Service Representative (bi-lingual English/Spanish) SC Branch
Looking for a professional customer service role in a fun team-oriented setting with an industry leader, family-owned since 1924? Then look no further! Travers Tool Company, Inc. has been a preferred distributor to the worldwide metalworking and industrial markets for nearly 100 years. We are looking for energetic, reliable and conscientious self-starters to join our team as Full-Time Customer Service Representatives
This is an ideal opportunity to bring your customer service skills to a business-to-business call center setting and join a fun team environment. We support your growth as a customer service professional through full training, mentoring and coaching and opportunities for advancement.
The Customer Service Representative will work as part of a team to develop and maintain strong customer relationships with our B2B customers. By utilizing friendly and customer-focused telephone skills, our CSRs work to deliver an excellent customer experience when finding and selecting products, placing orders and resolving issues.
This position works in our call center with a collaborative and supportive customer service/sales team. Duties and accountabilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide solution-based customer support by answering inbound calls, emails, and making outbound calls to customers to provide service and expand sales.
- Assist customers with placing orders, returns, quotes, catalog requests, product questions, tracking updates and any other customer inquiries.
- Guide issues through to completion, assuring a satisfactory resolution is reached.
- Enter sales orders and carry out order management processes.
- Assist customers with any related questions or concerns, including providing quotes, tracking updates and general product information.
- Maintain a consistent service level and meet individual accuracy and efficiency metrics.
- Work to become knowledgeable of entire Sales Lifecycle and demonstrate effective issue resolution, retention, and closing techniques.
- Develop ability to present multiple solutions to customers and emphasize the features of the products to highlight how they solve the customers problems across a variety of Travers Tool Co Products/Services.
- Properly execute all CRM activities such as logging calls, emails, tasks and new opportunities.
- Accurately maintain ERP system data; enter quotes and orders as needed.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Why Work with Travers Tool Company
- Opportunity to work with collaborative and supportive customer service/sales team, who engage in fun activities, such as sales bingo with new vendors!
- Full training provided to ensure your success
- Teamwork is one of our core values, because we believe we win or lose as a team and view ourselves as an extension of your team.
- Our people are our greatest strength, and the heart and soul of Travers Tool. It is their talent, dedication, resourcefulness, ‘Can-Do’ attitude and Care for our customers, our communities, and each other, that differentiates us most from our competition and defines us as a company.
- Family owned = family atmosphere: We work hard but have fun together with ongoing events, such as cookouts and holiday parties.
- Bi-Lingual Spanish/English required
- Minimum of one year experience in Customer Service oriented role.
- Experience in B2B and/or call center preferred, but not required.
- Possess a good phone voice and demonstrated ability to engage customers professionally over the phone.
- Good interpersonal skills, likeability, active listening and communication skills.
- Strong Customer Service skills with passion for delivering an excellent customer experience.
- Good judgement and problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail.
- Solid organizational and time management and follow up skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Some college level study preferred.
Founded in 1924 by our current CEO’s great grandfather David Trevas, an immigrant from Europe searching to provide a better life for his family, Travers Tool began as many businesses do – as someone’s dream. With hard work and determination, the business expanded from a single door-to-door salesman working out of the trunk of his car, to a brick-and-mortar store and warehouse that would double in size many times over, decade after decade, growing with local shops and manufacturers literally over generations. Through all this time, we have remained an independently owned and operated business.