Customer Service/Sales Representative
Travers Tool Company, Inc. is looking for energized, customer-focused professionals with a knack for sales to join our inside sales team.
Great opportunity for anyone with inside sales customer service and relationship building experience! Bring your strong aptitude for sales and take advantage of the full training, mentoring and coaching support that Travers Tool offers.
The Inside Sales Representative will work as a part of a team to provide exemplary service, develop and maintain strong customer relationships with our B2B customers and work to increase sales revenue through customer outreach.
- Provide solution-based customer support by answering inbound calls, emails, and making outbound calls to customers to provide service and expand sales.
- Assist customers with placing orders, returns, quotes, catalog requests, product questions, tracking updates and any other customer inquiries.
- Guide issues through to completion, assuring a satisfactory resolution is reached.
- Enter sales orders and carry out order management processes.
- Assist customers with any related questions or concerns, including providing quotes, tracking updates and general product information.
- Maintain a consistent service level and meet individual accuracy and efficiency metrics.
- Work to become knowledgeable of the entire Sales Lifecycle and demonstrate effective issue resolution, retention, and closing techniques.
- Develop ability to present multiple solutions to customers and emphasize the features of the products to highlight how they solve the customers' problems across a variety of Travers Tool Co Products/Services.
- Properly execute all CRM activities such as logging calls, emails, tasks and new opportunities.
- Utilizes the company’s CRM and BI tools drive customer outreach, repeat sales, upselling and tele-sales.
- Provides solution-based customer support by making outbound calls to customers to provide service and expand sales as well as answering inbound calls and emails.
- Learns and maintains knowledge of Travers Tool product lines to be able to offer the best solutions to customers.
- Works to become knowledgeable of entire Sales Lifecycle and demonstrate effective issue resolution, retention, and closing techniques.
- Meeting or exceeding daily and monthly targets with respect to call volume and margin sales.
- Drive revenue managing an assigned account deck and develop relationships with multiple contacts within that assigned account base.
- Identify new business opportunities to expand the scope of Travers Tool Co. products/services for your accounts and own these opportunities from lead to close.
- Accurately maintain ERP system data; enter quotes and orders as needed.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Experience in B2B, call center and/or inside sales preferred
- Possess a good phone voice and demonstrated ability to engage customers professionally over the phone.
- Be enthusiastic about learning our product lines (tools) and selling in an industrial B-2-B setting.
- Two+ years’ experience in Customer Service or Sales role.
- Experience in B2B and/or call center preferred
- Experience/Familiarity working with CRM and BI tools.
- Aptitude and drive to be successful in a sales-oriented role.
- Ability to apply skills in customer relationship development, referral generation, upselling/cross-selling.
- Positive demeanor and interpersonal skills, likeability, active listening and communication skills.
- Pleasant phone voice with ability to engage customers in a positive way.
- Strong Customer Service skills with a passion for building and maintaining customer relationships.
- Good judgement and problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills, likeability, active listening and communication skills.
- Solid organizational, time management and follow up skills.
- Minimum of high school diploma or GED. Associates or Bachelor's preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Founded in 1924 by our current CEO’s great grandfather David Trevas, an immigrant from Europe searching to provide a better life for his family, Travers Tool began as many businesses do – as someone’s dream. With hard work and determination, the business expanded from a single door-to-door salesman working out of the trunk of his car, to a brick-and-mortar store and warehouse that would double in size many times over, decade after decade, growing with local shops and manufacturers literally over generations. Through all this time, we have remained an independently owned and operated business.